The third phase to develop your persona is to compare your Western sign (month) to your Chinese sign (year) which comes up with a new angle and dimension of your persona. If you are a Scorpio (Boar) and were born in 1948, then you are a Scorpio/Rat or a Boar Rat. Simply take your regular, familiar astrological sign and match it with the animal sign of the year you were born. Everybody has a dual nature. Some people are naturally greedy and grasping about money, but the same people can be generous to a fault in emotional ways; sentiment and affection and phase of your persona could explain this contradictory behavior. Then there are some people that you can get along with and care for but others just rub you the wrong way or get on your nerves, and others attract and fascinate you. In order to understand your attraction or dislike for a person, and to comprehend this by yourself, without the aid of a psychiatrist, you can now use this report to develop their persona and discover who you are communicating with by their internal energy pattern and apply it to your life.
This approach attempts to help us understand human behavior within the universe through the marriage of Zodiac and Chinese astrologies. The Chinese have divided time differently from us Westerners. Whereas we have 100-year centuries, the Chinese have periods of sixty years. We divide our centuries into ten decades. The Chinese divide their sixty-year spans into “dozen-cades” or twelve-year periods. In the West, we divide our year up twelve times by its moons. Each is a 28 to 31-day month having its own astrological name. Every year our cycle begins anew. In the East, each year within the twelve-year dozen-cade has its own astrological name. At the end of each twelve-year period the Chinese cycle begins anew. The twelve zodiac months have celestial sign names: Aries, Taurus. Gemini, Cancer, Leo, Virgo, Libra, Scorpio, Sagittarius, Capricorn, Aquarius, and Pisces. The twelve oriental years have animal sign names: Rat, Buffalo, Tiger, Rabbit, Dragon, Snake, Horse, Ram, Monkey, Rooster, Dog, and Boar. In both cases the astrological sign name refers to the character of people named under its influence. Everyone has a Western “Month” sign and a Chinese “Year” sign. One sign is complementary to the other and each Western sign also interacts with its corresponding Chinese sign: Aries (Dragon), Taurus (Snake). Gemini (Horse), Cancer (Ram), Leo (Monkey), Virgo (Rooster), Libra (Dog), Scorpio (Boar), Sagittarius (Rat), Capricorn (Buffalo), Aquarius (Tiger), and Pisces (Rabbit) and their characteristics. Taken together, they show us more about the individual than either one can on its own. If someone is born in Pisces and is also born in a Snake year, they were born the month of the Rabbit (Pisces) and the year of the Snake or a Rabbit/Snake, which are a lot different from a Rabbit/Horse or Rabbit/Tiger. There are 144 different Zodiac and Chinese combinations as each are a West/East combined sign. This will help you to refine your understanding of your persona. Through this process we can learn to get along better with our friends, family and loved ones. We can find out why we tend not to harmonize with certain people, which can further improve our knowledge of them, and of ourselves.
Western Zodiac Astrology uses Four Ruling Elements: Fire, Air, Earth, and Water and is ruled each of them individually:
- Fire: Aries, Leo, and Sagittarius characterized by Movement, Obsession, and Energy.
- Air: Gemini, Libra, and Aquarius characterized by Receptiveness, Intellect, and Aspiration.
- Earth: Taurus, Virgo, and Capricorn characterized by Function, Practicality, and Solidity.
- Water: Cancer, Scorpio, and Pisces characterized by Emotion, Compassion, and Perception.
Each Chinese year is ruled by one the Five Elements: Metal (0, 1), Water (2, 3), Wood (3, 4), Fire (6, 7) and Earth (8, 9) which are based on the last digit of the year you were born in each decade. One or more of ten planets or heavenly bodies rules each sign in Western astrology. The planets influence a sign’s character. Their position in the heavens helps to predict the future.
- Ariesis ruled by Mars representing: Impulse, Action, and Bravery.
- Taurusis ruled by Venus representing: Acceptance, Vanity, and Love.
- Gemini is ruled by Mercury representing: Intelligence, Change, and Adaptability.
- Canceris ruled by the Moon representing: Receptivity, Emotion, and Viscera.
- Leois ruled by the Sun representing: Assertiveness, Will, and Majesty.
- Virgo is ruled by Mercury representing: Analysis, Absorption, and Logic.
- Librais ruled by Venus representing: Sociability, Persuasion, and Luxury.
- Scorpio is ruled by Mars/Pluto representing: Courage, and Obligation.
- Sagittariusis ruled by Jupiter representing: Expansion, Vision, and Justice.
- Capricorn is ruled by Saturn representing: Solitude, Rigidity, and Ambition.
- Aquariusis ruled by Saturn/Uranus representing: Individuality, and Cosmic Consciousness.
- Pisces is ruled by Neptune/Jupiter representing: Enigma, Inspiration, and Compassion.
Western astrology also uses three different qualities: Cardinal, Fixed and Mutable:
- Cardinal: Aries, Cancer, Libra, and Capricorn - Dynamic, Authoritative, Active, and Energetic.
- Fixed: Taurus, Scorpio, Leo, and Aquarius - Concrete, Limited, Purposeful, and Conscientious.
- Mutable: Gemini, Virgo, Sagittarius, and Pisces- Moving, Adaptable, Harmonizing, and Versatile.
All these aspects are taken into consideration with the analysis of each of the 144 Month and Year perceptions even though there is a calendar difference with the Western signs and the months of the year but for this application to determine your all around persona we are using the Western sign as the Chinese Animal months. This will give you the third phase of your persona based on the combination of the month and year you were born.